St Julians has a diverse and interesting history. Dating back to 1836 and built by John Herries who lived in the house until after the second world war. In 1951 it was incredibly difficult for mothers and wives to work professionally so St Julians was bought by a group of families with a view to provide nursery care to allow mothers to work, if they so wished. In 1956, A Member's Club was formed with extensive facilities such as a swimming pool and a bar. Today, St Julians makes for an idyllic private location to wed, dine and be merry.