Southdowns Manor is an unspoiled historic house, constructed near the end of the 19th century by Hon John Hervis Carnegie, who was the High Sheriff of Sussex in 1862 and the third son of the 7th Earl of Northesk. His initials can still be seen today on a stone boundary post, left of the Southdowns Manor entrance.
Southdowns Manor was then sold around 1895, which saw the construction of the top floor and the water tower, and was for a while the home of Rudolf Blind, a German artist. It was then run as an independent school, and during the war it was a billet for The Royal Canadian Air Force. It was purchased by the Tabor Group in 2013, and has since been a luxurious wedding venue.