History Lillibrooke was first mentioned in public records in 1376 when Thomas de Lollebrok appeared in court to prove ownership of the property. The land had been in the family since 1292 and thrived in the area for well over 100 years. In 1412, it was taken away from the family as a result of them supporting King Richard II. It was then passed to the Martyn family who built the manor house in 1490, which currently stands there today. During Oliver Cromwell's commonwealth, the estate was confiscated as a penalty for the family's catholic beliefs. There were rumours of an existence of a priest hole in the property. Up until 1988, Lillibrooke Manor and Barns were part of a working farm. In the same year, the grain drying bins were removed from the barns to reveal the space that is the Great Barn. Since 2015 it has been under the care of new owners who focus on preserving and enhancing the historical estate.