History The Kingston Estate is thought to be one of the best surviving examples of an 18th-century country gentleman's residence. The historic estate dates back to 1172, the original house situated where the current outbuildings lie on the West Drive. It was in 1735 that the magnificent Kingston House was constructed for John Rowe, a rich Catholic wool merchant. Over the years the property changed hands several times, each owner altering and adding to the estate, evidence of which remains to this day as markers of Kingston's history. In 1985 Michael and Elizabeth Corfield acquired the estate and began to restore the house to its former glory. Many of the estate buildings are Grade II-listed with original Georgian features that create a wonderfully grand and historic feel. Walking in the formal garden is like stepping back in time; the flawlessly-trimmed hedges and perfectly planted trees look striking in any wedding photograph. Kingston Estate is now a family-run business helping couples to create the wedding of their dreams.