History The first Hospitaller of Oxfordshire was recorded on site at 1149. It has been recognised as a house since 1338. The building of a bridge in Radcot improved Friars Court's significance, as it was established as a stopping point. Throughout the subsequent centuries, the house and court expanded but during the Dissolution of the Monasteries it became a private residence. It had a succession of owners until the early 18th century, when it lost its manorial rights. It was thus adapted and extended and was purchased by Richard Willmer in 1917. It has been family owned since then, passing on to John, who built the farm to 650 acres, and now his son Charles.