Formed in 1891, The Bridport and West Dorset Golf Club has been functioning for over 120 years. Originally located on the West Cliff at West Bay, the club has moved once and been rebuilt twice after fire damage in 1969, but the banking surrounding the green has reused material from the old clubhouse site. The latest rebuild, completed in 2002, was officially opened by Their Royal Highnesses the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
Set in over 44 acres of land, this new, modern building looks out across the sea, rapidly attracting new members. It has also been used as various filming locations by the BBC!