History Wyck Hill House was built in the early 1700s as the home of the Feudal Lord of Wyck Rissington, and it was then offered to his daughter as a wedding present. It existed for two centuries as a manor house with vast grounds. The estate was broken up in 1954 and parts auctioned separately, which then saw Wyck Hill House descend into a state of disrepair. During the later 1950s the south wing was destroyed but the remainder of the building was run as a small hotel. It changed hands once in 1984 and again in 1988, when 15 luxury rooms were added. In 2006 the house was extended further, and now contains an impressive 60 bedrooms. The hotel was purchased by City and Country in 2009 and was subsequently refurbished in 2010, enabling it to stand today as a wonderfully historic manor house hotel, with all the necessary functions for splendid wedding celebrations.