If history floats your boat, look no further than the spectacular Warren House. The property is conveniently situated near the London - Portsmouth route and there have been settlements on the site since Medieval times, with estates being built in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Eventually the usefulness of its proximity to a rapidly expanding London was fully realised, and well-to-do city businessmen began to move into the area.
Warren House was built in 1865 by Hugh Hammersley and it remained in his possession until his death in 1882. A selection of fairly colourful characters followed Hugh in ownership of the property, including George Grenfell Glynn who regularly hosted the Prime Minister at Warren House, and Lady Mary Paget, a great friend of King Edward VII who often entertained members of the Royal Family. Dame Leila Paget inherited the house after her mother's death; she was the first British woman to earn the title due to her work before and during the First World War with the Serbian Red Cross. A truly benevolent character, she went on to sell Warren House in 1954 to raise money for Serbs in exile after WWII. Since then, it has been used as a conference and training centre and more recently, a luxury wedding venue.