History Believe it or not, Saltcote Place was originally commissioned as a wedding present for Captain AAR Hennessy and his new wife. The country mansion was completed in 1905 and designed in the Queen Anne style by famous architect Sir Reginald Blomfield. The Queen Mother often visited Hennessy at Saltcote Place, and the building still contains the Royal Cypher of this famous lady. Later, the mansion came to be used as a Military Headquarters, a nursing home and, several times, a school. In 2003, Saltcote Place once again came into private ownership, and went on to become the family home and luxurious wedding venue it is today.