History Littleton Park House was built in 1689 as the wealthy Thomas Wood’s family home. It was a luxury residence up until the late 1800s, when it was partially destroyed by a fire, but was quickly restored and made into a film studio in 1931. In World War Two the props of the studio were used to create replica aircraft to plant on runways as a decoy! Since then, the manor house has been owned by The Who, and its film studio use has steadily soared. It has served as the setting for the great lake in two Harry Potter films and Heathrow’s Terminal 5 in Love Actually. Other films that have recently used Shepperton Studios include Bridget Jones, Notting Hill, Billy Elliot and Troy, to name a few.