History The clubhouse was originally a 16th-century barn when Mary Muir moved into the property with young son Douglas in 1932. 25 years later Douglas realised the newly booming popularity of golfing, and decided to turn the extensive grounds of their home into the course it is today, albeit with a few homemade improvisations. Victoria plum tins were utilised as hole-cups, homemade flags were sewn and attached to bamboo shoots, and blind war veterans were employed to make the tee-mats. Since their first wedding reception in 1981, the course and club has witnessed its fair share of sentimental memories. That first couple who tied the knot back in 1981 held their pearl wedding anniversary celebration in 2011, and in 2008 a senior member of 30 years standing married his childhood sweetheart - at the tender age of 86! Today the house remains in the trustworthy hands of younger generations of the Muir family, who maintain Forrester Park's longstanding heritage and flawless reputation.