History Steeped in history, Addington Park Estate dates back to 1544 when it was sold by Henry VIII to Nicholas Leigh. An act of parliament was passed in 1807 allowing the Archbishops of Canterbury Addington Estate as a country residence. In 1996 the estate was taken over by a private company and it was developed as a wedding, conference and banqueting venue, health farm and country club. In 2002 the venue played host to a banquet for HM The Queen and HRH Prince Philip. Over the years Addington Palace has been used a filming location for films, music videos and high-fashion shoots.